Snails And Mushroom Okra Soup
Special okra soup made with snails and mushroom which can be served with balls of banku
- Sauce Pan
- Rubber spatula
- Chopping Board
- Sharp knife
- 8 Medium Snails
- 4 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 Small Ginger Grated
- 1 Tsp Ground Rosemary
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Medium Onion Purèed
- 6 Scotch Bonnet Peppers Blended
- 3 Medium Tomatoes Purèed
- 400 g Okra Chopped
- 100 g Mushroom
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Palm Oil
- Pour cleaned snails into a saucepan over medium heat, add garlic, ginger, ground rosemary, bay leaves, salt, onion purèe, stir and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Add blended scotch bonnet pepper, purèe tomatoes, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped okra 200ml of water, stir and let boil for 7 minutes, then add mushrooms and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and adjust to your taste.
- Add palm oil, stir and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Snails and mushroom okra soup ready to serve.
- Serve with eba or any swallows of your choice.