Flour mixed with butter milk, cut in balls and baked
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Chopping Board
- Dough cutter
- Baking Tray
- parchment paper
- Pastry brush
- 2½ Cups Flour
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 1½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 100g Cold Unsalted Butter Cubed
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- ¼ Cup Buttermilk For Brushing the Pastry
- Raspberry Sauce
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cold butter and mix with the finger tips into a coarse mixture.
- Add buttermilk and mix until combined.
- Roll on a floured board to three quarters inch thick and cut with a round cutter.
- Place on a baking sheet and brush with butter milk.
- Bake at 175 degrees celsius for 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Buttermilk scones ready. Serve warm with raspberry sauce or any spread of your choice.