A baked meal made with plantain slices, bacon and cheese
- Wooden Spatula
- Sauce Pan
- 6 Rashers of Streaky Bacon Chopped
- 50 g Unsalted Butter
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 Tbsp Soft Flour
- 1 ½ Cups of Milk
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Large Ripe Plantains Round Slices
- 150 g Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 75 g Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Pour the bacon into a saucepan over medium heat, stir until crispy, then take out.
- Place the butter in the same saucepan, add garlic, flour, stir and let simmer on medium heat for a minute, then add the milk, black pepper, salt, stir until it thickens for 5 minutes.
- Add the crispy bacon, stir , let simmer, then take off the heat.
- Arrange the plantain in a mini dish, scoop a spoonful of the sauce and spread evenly on the plantain. Continue with another layer of the plantain and cream sauce.
- Sprinkle with a handful of cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170c for 20 minutes.
- Plantain gratin ready to serve.