Basil Wagashi Cheese skewers
Box sliced wagashi spiced and threaded on skewers
- Chopping Board
- Sharp knife
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Frying Pan
- A Handful of Fresh Basil
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Medium Size Wagashi Local Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Litre Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- Pour the basil into a mortar, add garlic, olive oil and grind into a paste. Set aside.
- Slice and cut the wagashi into cubes and place in a bowl.
- Add smoked paprika, the basil paste, stir and cover with cling film.
- Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil on medium-high heat and carefully drop the marinated wagashi in.
- Deep fry for 7 minutes.
- Take out from the oil and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Thread two cubes on each mini skewer.
- Fried basil waagashi ready. Serve with any cream sauce of your choice.