A vegetable stew made with baked beans and dried thyme
- Sauce Pan
- Rubber spatula
- 400 g Canned Chopped Tomatoes
- 4 Medium Carrots (Grated)
- 1 Medium Onion (Diced)
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Green Chili (Chopped)
- 1 Small Ginger (Grated)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 Medium Yellow Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 200 g Baked Beans
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1½ Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, stir until translucent, then add the chilli, garlic, half of the ginger, curry powder, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, stir and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the grated carrots, stir to combine well and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, stir and let simmer until thickened for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the baked beans, remaining ginger, dried thyme, salt, back pepper and stir in.
- Chakalaka ready to serve.