Fonio Chicken Curry
Fonoi cooked with chicken curry-spiced chicken and can be served with a glass of fruit juice.
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spatula
- Frying Pan
- 1 large chicken thigh, deboned & diced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 1 small ginger grated
- 1 tsp freshly grounded black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 ½ cup fonio
- 1 cup chicken stock
- A handful of fresh parsley finely chopped
- Season the diced chicken thigh with curry powder, garlic, ginger, black pepper, salt and set to marinate for 15 minutes or more.
- Heat groundnut oil in a pan over medium heat, add the marinated chicken, sauté for 5 minutes, take out and set aside.
- Pour the onion into the pan, stir until translucent then add the fonio, braise for a minute.
- Add the chicken stock, salt, stir, cover and let it cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken, stir in, cover and let it steam for 5 minutes then add the chopped parsley and stir in.
- Fonio chicken curry ready to serve.