Corned Beef Jollof Rice
Spicy jollof rice prepared with corned beef and can be served with a glass of orange juice
- Sauce Pan
- Rubber spatula
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- 3 Cups Superior Long Grain Rice
- 340 g Canned Corned Beef
- 200 g Tomato Paste
- 6 Medium Tomatoes Pureed
- 6 Scotch Bonnet Peppers Blended
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp White Pepper
- 1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Large Carrot Sliced
- 1½ Tbsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sliced onions, garlic, stir and let sweat for a minute.
- Add tomato paste, stir and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato purèe, scotch bonnet pepper, stir and let simmer down for 8 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add curry powder, white pepper, nutmeg, salt, stir and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add corned beef, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Wash the superior jasmine rice and drain off the water.
- Add the washed rice into the stew, add salt, 200ml of water, stir and let cook for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped green bell peppers, carrots, stir and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Corned beef jollof rice ready. Serve with coleslaw and shito.