Borges Fried Fish Tomato Stew
Spicy tomato stew made with fish fried with Borges olive oil
- Wooden Spatula
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Frying Pan
- 1 Medium Red Snapper
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 1 Small Ginger Chopped
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tsp Black Peppercorn
- ¼ Cup Petite Belle Pepper
- ¼ Cup Borges Olive Oil Blending
- 600 ml Borges Olive Oil Frying
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- For the Stew;
- A Sprig of Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Medium Onion Slices
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Crushed
- 200 g Tomato Paste
- ¼ Cup Blended Petite Belle Pepper Kpakposhito
- 4 Medium Tomatoes Pureed
- 1½ Tsp Salt
- 1 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper Diced
- Pour the onion into a blender, add ginger, garlic, fennel seeds, black pepper, petite belle pepper, 1/4 cup of Borges olive oil and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Pour onto the cut fish, add salt, rub into the fish, then cover with cling film to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 600ml of Borges olive oil in a pan over medium heat, add flour and carefully drop the fish into the heated oil.
- Fry on each side for 7 minutes and take from the oil. Scoop out the oil leaving about one-fourth in the pan.
- Add a sprig of fresh rosemary, onion, crushed garlic, stir until translucent, then add the tomato paste, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the blended kpakposhito, pureed tomatoes, fish marinade, salt, stir and let simmer down for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the fried fish, diced green bell pepper and let simmer for 3 minutes before taking it off heat.
- Fried fish stew ready to serve.