Spicy Snail Vegetable Sauce
A spicy vegetable sauce made with sautéed snails
- Sauce Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- 6 Medium Snails Halved
- 1 Medium Onion Purée
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1½ Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 1 Medium Onion
- 4 4 Medium Tomatoes Chopped
- 6 6 Scotch Bonnet Peppers Chopped
- 4 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 1 Medium Carrot Chopped
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Medium Yellow Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- Pour the cleaned snails into a saucepan on medium heat, add the dried thyme, salt, onion purée, stir and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan and sautée the cooked snails for 2 minutes and take them out.
- Add the fennel seeds, stir, then add the onion and stir until translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, scotch bonnet pepper, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the fresh basil, salt, stir, then add the carrot, sautéed snails, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the green, yellow and red bell peppers, stir and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Spicy snail sauce ready to serve.