Delicious waakye cooked with beetroot puree which can be served with salad and sauce
- Sauce Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- 1½ Cups Long Grain Rice
- 1½ Cups Black Eyed Beans
- 1 Cup Beetroot Puree
- 1 Medium Carrot Diced
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- Pour the washed beans into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 600ml of water and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add the washed rice, beetroot puree, salt, stir, cover and let cook for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced red bell pepper and carrot, stir and cover for 2 minutes.
- Beetroot waakye ready to serve.
- Serve with green pepper shito, black shito and any topping of your choice Enjoy!