Peppered Goat Meat With Fried Yam
Stir-fried goat meat simmered with pepper spice and served with fried yam
- Sauce Pan
- Rubber spatula
- Frying Pan (2)
- Spider Spoon
For the Goat Meat;
- 1 Pound of Goat Meat
- 1 Tsp Rosemary Powder
- 1 Tsp Anise Seeds
- 1 Tsp Fresh Thyme
- 4 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 Medium Onion Purèed
- 1½ Tsp Salt
For the Pepper Sauce
- Medium Onion Purèed
- 1 Cup Scotch Bonnet Pepper Blended
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Beef Seasoning Cube
- 1 Medium Onion Sliced
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
For the Yam;
- ½ Tuber of Yam
- 250 ml Vegetable of Oil
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- Pour goat meat into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add rosemary powder, anise seeds, thyme, garlic, puréed onion, salt, stir and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then add 300 ml of water and bring to a boil for an hour on medium high heat.
- Heat half cup of vegetable oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Add cooked goat meat and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Take out the meat and add onion purèe, stir and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then add scotch bonnet pepper and let simmer down for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, beef seasoning and stir.
- Add fried goat meat, stir and let simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add sliced onion, stir and let simmer for 1 minute, then take off heat.
- For the yams, heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat, add sliced yam and fry for 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Serve with peppered goat.