Diced yam boiled in beef stock with spice and amaranthus leaves.
- Sauce Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- ½ Tuber of Yam Diced
- 750 ml Beef Stock
- 1 Medium Red Onion Diced
- 4 Cloves Of Garlic Minced
- 7 Scotch Bonnet Peppers (Chopped) (Optional)
- 1 Tbsp Fish Powder
- 1 Tbsp Shrimp Powder
- A Handful of Amaranthus Leaves (Alefu) Sliced
- ½ Tsp Salt
- Pour 750ml of beef stock in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add diced yam, cover and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, scotch bonnet pepper, stir and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Add fish powder, shrimp powder, salt, stir and let simmer down for 5 minutes.
- Add amaranthus leaves (alefu), stir and let wilt for a minute.
- Yam pottage ready to serve.