Shea Butter Dafaduka (Jollof)
Jollof prepared with African locust beans and shea butter
- Sauce Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- 2 Cups Rice
- ½ Cups Shea Butter
- 5 Medium Herrings Flaked
- 1 Medium Onion Sliced
- 5 Medium Tomatoes Chopped
- ½ Cup Scotch Bonnet Pepper Blended
- 2 Tbsp African Locust Beans (Dawadawa) (Washed)
- 2 Tbsp Crayfish
- 400 ml Beef Stock Powder
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- Melt shea butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add sliced onion, locust beans, stir and until the onion is translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes, stir and add scotch bonnet pepper and let simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add crayfish powder, herrings and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add salt, beef stock, stir and bring to a boil.
- Add washed rice, cover and let cook for 25 minutes.
- Stir halfway through and cover for 5 minutes.
- Shea butter jollof rice ready to serve.