Wasa Wasa Croquettes
Talk of twists & turns... this recipe is just like making yam balls but instead of using fresh boiled yams we used yam flour for that rich earthy color and flavor.
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Sauce Pan
- Frying Pan
- 2 ½ cup yam flour
- 1 tbsp garlic puree
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 scotch bonnet pepper chopped
- 3 chives chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 eggs + egg white for egg wash
- 1½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 500 ml vegetable oil
- · Mix the yam flour with garlic puree and water until moist and crumbly.
- Place a splatter guard on boiling water then add the moist yam flour mixture, cover with the lid and let steam for 3 minutes, stir then let steam for another 6 minutes , take off heat and let cool off completely.
- Add salt, black pepper, scotch bonnet, chives, egg yolks, stir in and mould.
- Dip the moulded croquettes into the egg wash then coat with the seasoned breadcrumbs
- Carefully drop in the heated vegetable oil and fry until its golden, take them out of the oil and place on a tissue paper to drain excess oil
- Wasa wasa croquettes ready to serve