Savory Plantain Crepes (Taco Style)
Crepes prepared with ripe plantain, milk, flour, egss and vegetables
- Chopping Board
- Sharp knife
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Sauce Pan
- 2 Ripe Plantains
- 1 Cup Shrimps
- 1⅓ Cups Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Soft Flour
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 5 Baby Carrots Chopped
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Sliced
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper Sliced
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Spring Onions Sliced
- 1 Small Cabbage Shredded
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Peel and cut ripe plantain into chunks, put into a blender, add half cup of milk and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Pour eggs into a mixing bowl, add milk, nutmeg, salt, whisk, add blended plantain mixture, flour, garlic powder and mix into a uniform mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat, add butter, yellow onion, ginger, garlic, stir and let sweat for a minute.
- Add baby carrots, green bell pepper, shrimps, shrimp seasoning, smoked paprika, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes and take off the heat.
- Heat a teaspoon of vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat, dispense about a ladle full of the plantain batter and let fry until the edges are golden, then flip to the other side and let it fry for 2 minutes.
- Continue the process with the rest of the batter.
- Cut out the plantain crepes into taco size.
- Place the crepe on a plate top with cabbage, shrimp sauce, another layer of cabbage, spring onion and ketchup.
- Plantain tacos ready to serve.