Kelewele (Fried Spiced Ripe Plantain)
Ripe plantain chopped into cubes, spiced with ginger and pepper and fried.
- Chopping Board
- Sharp knife
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Frying Pan
- Spider Spoon
- 3 Fingers of Ripe Plantain
- 1 Large Ginger
- Red Chili
- Crushed Cloves
- 1 Medium Size Onion
- Peel and cut plantain into cubes or small chunks. Put into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Blend ginger, cloves, onion, and red chili into a smooth paste.
- Pour mixture on the plantain, add salt and stir till evenly coated.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the coated plantain and fry until golden brown.
- Serve hot with peanuts.