Asun (Peppered Roast Goat)
Hot peppered roasted goat meant which can be served with a glass of fruit juice
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Plastic foil
- Sauce Pan
- Chopping Board
- Sharp knife
- Frying Pan
- ½ Pound Goat Meat
- 1 Medium Onion Purée
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Anise Seeds
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 Small Ginger Minced
- 1 Tsp Ground Rosemary
- 1½ Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 7 Scotch Bonnet Peppers Chopped
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 1 Spring Onion Sliced
- Marinate the goat meat with onion purée, dried oregano, anise seeds, garlic, ginger, ground rosemary and salt for 40 minutes.
- Pour into a saucepan over medium heat, cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Take off heat and pour into a greased pan, and roast for 30 minutes.
- Cut into pieces and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat, add the grilled goat meat and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add the chopped scotch bonnet pepper, diced onion and stir-fry until evenly coated for 5 minutes.
- Asun ready to serve. Garnish with spring onion.