Guinea Fowl Confit
Baked guinea fowl with duck fat served with barbeque gravy
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Food Flipper
- Ceramic Bowl
- Guinea Fowl Thighs and Breasts
- 1 Medium Onion Pureed
- 2 2 Springs of Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Springs of Fresh Rosemary
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 1 Small Ginger Grated
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Salt Tbsp
- 2 Litres Duck Fat/Olive Oil
- Pour the guinea fowl into a mixing bowl, add the rosemary, bay leaves, onion puree, garlic, ginger, paprika, black pepper, thyme , salt , stir and cover with cling film.
- Set In the fridge to marinate for 12 hours or preferably overnight.
- Take out from the marinade, place in a baking dish, pour the melted duck fat to cover entirely.
- Place in a pre-heated and bake at 160 degrees for 2-3 hours.
- Guinea fowl confit ready. Serve with creamy fonio and guinea fowl barbeque gravy.
- NB; It’s more ideal to use duck fat because it has more flavor but if you don’t have duck fat you can use olive oil or vegetable oil.