Mozambique Peri Peri Chicken
Scored chicken tights marinated and grilled with spices
- Chopping Board
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- 2 Medium Chicken Thighs
- 1 1 Large Red Bell Pepper Charred
- 1 1 Medium Red Onion Chopped
- 5 Fresh Red Chill
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tsp Black Peppercorn
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- A Handful of Fresh Basil Leaves
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- Score the chicken thighs and set aside.
- Pour charred red bell pepper into a blender.
- Add red onion, red chilli, garlic, black peppercorn, oregano, smoked paprika, fresh basil leaves, lemon juice, olive oil and blend into a smooth paste.
- Pour on the scored chicken, add salt and rub onto the chicken to coat evenly.
- Then set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Grease the grill grate and place the marinated chicken thighs on.
- Grill on medium low heat for 10 minutes on both sides.
- Peri peri chicken is ready to serve.