A Special beverage made with ginger, hibiscus leaves, and vodka.
- Sauce Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- Ice Cube Maker
- ¼ Cup Hibiscus Flowers
- 1 Tsp of Cloves
- Pineapple Skins
- 1 Medium Ginger (Sliced)
- 1 Tsp of Grains of Paradise
- 1/2 Cup of sugar
- 4 Shots of Vodka
- Fresh Mint Leaves (For Garnish)
- Lemon Slices
- 800ml of Water
- Pour ginger, cloves and grains of paradise in to a mortar and grind until fine texture is achieved. Set aside.
- Pour water into a saucepan over medium heat, add the pineapple skin, the grounded spice, hibiscus flowers, stir and let boil for 10 minutes.
- Strain, add sugar, stir and let cool off completely.
- Pour into ice cube trays and freeze overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Take out from the freezer and pop the frozen cubes in a blender, add vodka and blend till smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses and garnish with mint leaves and lemon slices.
- Hibiscus slashers ready to serve. NB://Best served chilled.