Fura Da Noono(Burkina)
Milliet beverage made with millet flour, unsweetened yougurt, milk, strawberry and sugar
- Sauce Pan
- Rubber spatula
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- 2 Cups of Millet Flour
- 2 of Unsweetened Yogurt
- 1 of Milk
- ¾ Cups of Sugar
- 2 Stalks of Mint Leaves Garnish
- 1 Medium Strawberry Sliced
- 100 g For the Strawberry Sauce, strawberries Chopped
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Cup of Water
- Soak millet overnight, drain, rinse and grind into a flour.
- Bring 1 litre of water to a boil over medium heat.
- Place splatter guard on place a round baking pan on to avoid spilling.
- Then add the ground millet and stir continuously for 20 minutes until lumpy and sticky.
- Take off heat and set aside to cool off completely.
- In a bowl, mix unsweetened yogurt with milk sugar and set aside.
- Pour the strawberries in a saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar and water.
- Stir and bring to a boil for 10 minutes until the strawberries are mushy and the syrup is a thick consistency.
- Take off heat and let cool off.
- Flake the cooled millet with a fork to loosen the lumps and scoop into the serving glasses till a third full.
- Pour the yogurt mixture on the millet, then top with the strawberry sauce.
- Garnish with mint leaves and sliced strawberry.
- Fura da mono ready to serve. Best served chilled or on ice.