- 1 large chicken thigh, deboned & diced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small ginger, grated
- 1 tsp freshly grounded black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cup fonio
- 1 cup chicken stock
- A handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Season the diced chicken thigh with curry powder, garlic, ginger, black pepper, salt and set to marinate for 15 minutes or more.
- Heat groundnut oil in a pan over medium heat, add the marinated chicken, sauté for 5 minutes, take out and set aside.
- Pour the onion into the pan, stir until translucent then add the fonio, braise for a minute.
- Add the chicken stock, salt, stir, cover and let it cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken, stir in, cover and let it steam for 5 minutes then add the chopped parsley and stir in.
- Fonio chicken curry ready to serve.