Hibiscus Bread Pudding
Bread pudding baked with Hibiscus juice
- Chopping Board
- Bread Knife
- Mixing Bowl
- 6 Slices of Bread (2 Inch Slices)
- 6 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 100 g Blueberries
- 1½ Cups Hibiscus Juice
- ¼ cup Icing Sugar
- Hibiscus Syrup For Garnish
- Slice and cut off the crust of the bread, then dice them up and set aside.
- Pour the eggs into a mixing bowl, add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, milk, vanilla essence, whisk them together and set aside.
- Arrange the diced bread into a pudding dish and top with blueberries.
- Gently pour the hibiscus juice on top of the bread making sure it coats 70% of the bread, then pour the egg mixture on it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 15 minutes.
- Dust icing sugar on top and drizzle the top with hibiscus syrup.
- Hibiscus bread pudding ready to serve. Best served hot.
- NB; It’s best to use unsweetened hibiscus juice because there will be sugar in the egg mixture and the icing sugar dusting is also sweet.