Fried Beans Cake ( Koose / Akara)
Blended beans mixed spring onion and fried. It is usually served with Koko
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Frying Pan
- Spider Spoon
- 1 Cup Black-Eyed Beans
- 5 Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- 1 Small Red Onion Chopped
- 2 2Spring Onions Chopped
- Pour beans into a bowl, add water and soak over night.
- Rinse and de-skin the beans by rubbing between your fingers.
- Blend beans, scotch bonnet pepper and onion with ¾ cup of water into a smooth mixture.
- Pour mixture into a bowl, add spring onion, chopped scotch bonnet pepper, salt, stir and set aside.
- Pour oil into a pan over medium heat.
- Scoop a spoonful of the mixture into the oil.
- Fry until golden brown and drain on paper towel.
- Koose ready to serve.