Coconut Sesame Bread
A local bread made with coconut milk and sesame seeds
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Rubber spatula
- 400 g coconut milk
- ½ cup roasted sesame seeds
- 2 cups soft flour
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds for garnish
- Pour coconut milk into a blender, add roasted sesame seeds and blend into a smooth mixture the set aside.
- Mix the flour with instant yeast, nutmeg and salt.
- Pour the coconut milk mixture in the dry ingredients and stir into a thick batter
- Grease the baking pan with butter spray then pour the batter in
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds , cover with a napkin let rise in a warm place for 35 minutes.
- Place in a pre-heated oven and bake at 170c for 45 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Take out from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Coconut sesame bread ready to serve, best serve warm