4 - 6 PEOPLE
- 1 ½ Cups of Long Grain Rice
- 1 ½ Cups of Black Eyed Beans
- 1 Cup of Beetroot Puree
- 1 Medium Carrot (Diced)
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Tbsp of Salt
- Pour the washed beans into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 600ml of water and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add the washed rice, beetroot puree, salt, stir, cover and let cook for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced red bell pepper and carrot, stir and cover for 2 minutes.
- Beetroot waakye ready to serve.
- Serve with green pepper shito, black shito and any topping of your choice Enjoy!