12 - 24 HOURS
- Guinea Fowl (Thighs and Breasts)
- 1 Medium Onion (Pureed)
- 2 Springs of Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Small Ginger(Grated)
- 1 Tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp of Dried Thyme
- 1 Tbsp of Salt
- 2 Litres of Duck Fat/Olive Oil
- Pour the guinea fowl into a mixing bowl, add the rosemary, bay leaves, onion puree, garlic, ginger, paprika, black pepper, thyme , salt , stir and cover with cling film.
- Set In the fridge to marinate for 12 hours or preferably overnight.
- Take out from the marinade, place in a baking dish, pour the melted duck fat to cover entirely.
- Place in a pre-heated and bake at 160 degrees for 2-3 hours.
- Guinea fowl confit ready. Serve with creamy fonio and guinea fowl barbeque gravy.
- NB; It’s more ideal to use duck fat because it has more flavor but if you don’t have duck fat you can use olive oil or vegetable oil.