4 - 6 PEOPLE
- For the Beef;
- ½ Kg of Beef Fillet or Brisket
- ¼ Cup of Suya Spice
- 1 Tbsp of Crushed Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp of Sea Salt Flakes
- For the Dressing
- 6 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- ½ Tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp of Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tbsp of Wild Honey
- ½ Tsp of Salt
- Sprig of Fresh Thyme
- For the Salad;
- 100g Red Lettuce
- 100g Arugula Leaves
- 6 Baby Carrots (Halved)
- 1 Medium White Onion (Sliced)
- 7 Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
- A Handful of Toasted Cashew Nuts (Chopped)
- Mix soy sauce with lemon juice, chilli flakes, black pepper, olive oil, salt and honey. Add the thyme, stir and set aside.
- Season the beef fillet with the suya spice and place on a pre-heated greased grill.
- Grill for 5 minutes, drizzle with vegetable oil, turn over, grill each side for 5 minutes, add the carrots and let it caramelize on each side before taking off heat.
- Take the beef off heat and let it rest for 4 minutes before slicing
- Cut the grilled beef into an inch slices, season with sea salt flakes and coarse crushed black pepper then set aside.
- Place the red lettuce in a salad bowl, followed by arugula leaves.
- Add the sliced beef, cherry tomatoes, grilled carrots, sliced onion and sprinkle the chopped cashew nuts on it.
- Drizzle with the dressing.
- Warm beef salad ready to serve.
- NB; you can use any salad leaves of your choice, and also cook the beef to suit your taste, depending on how well you want your meat done