4 - 6 PEOPLE
- For the Fish;
- 1 Medium Cassava Fish
- ¼ Cup Shallots
- 1 Tsp Grains of Paradise
- 1 Tsp Black Peppercorn
- 1 ½ Tsp Salt
- For the Soup;
- ½ Cup Palm Oil
- 1 Medium Onion (Sliced)
- 2 Tbsp Locust Beans (Washed)
- 10 Scotch Bonnet Peppers (Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Crayfish Powder
- 4 Stockfish (Soaked)
- 3 Medium Crabs (Halved)
- 1 Kg Okra (Chopped)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ Kg Tiger Prawn (Deveined)
- Blend shallots, grains of paradise, black peppercorn and set aside.
- Pour the cassava fish into a saucepan over medium heat, then add the blended mixture, salt and let simmer for 5 minutes. Take off heat.
- Heat the palm oil in a saucepan over medium heat, then add the sliced onion, stir and let sweat for 3 minutes. Add the locust beans, stir for a minute, then add the stockfish.
- Add the chopped scotch bonnet pepper and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the crayfish powder, stir in before adding the stock from the fish and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add crabs, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped okra and stir to mix evenly.
- Pour 200ml of water on the okra, stir and let it simmer for 4 minutes. (depending on how crunchy or soft you want your okra)
- Adjust salt to taste, then add the prawns, and steamed fish and let it simmer for 3 -5 minutes.
- Seafood okra soup ready to serve.