MORINGA CHICKEN PEANUT SOUP
4 - 6 PEOPLE
- 1 Cup of Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsps of Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 Cup of Shallots
- A Handful of Fresh Basil
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Small Ginger (Chopped)
- 1 Tsp of Black Peppercorn
- 1 Large Chicken Thighs (Cut Into Pieces)
- 1 Tbsp of Salt
- 2 Small Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Onion
- 5 Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- 1 Cup of Fresh Moringa Leaves (Washed)
- Pour the peanut butter into a small saucepan, add the tomato paste, smoked paprika, water, stir into a smooth mixture and place on medium heat.
- Stir continuously until oil appears on the surface for 10 minutes. Take off heat and set aside.
- Pour the shallots into a blender, add basil, garlic, ginger, black peppercorn, water and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Pour the chicken into a saucepan, add the blended mixture, add salt, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, peanuts mixture, stir and let it boil for 7 minutes.
- Take out the tomatoes, onion, pour into a blender, add scotch bonnet pepper and blend into a smooth mixture. Pour this mixture back into the soup.
- Allow it to boil for 15 minutes, then add the moringa leaves, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Moringa chicken peanut soup ready to serve.