- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 5 scotch bonnet pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp black peppercorn
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 50ml water for blending
- 500g grouper fillet
- 6 medium cocoyam leaves (kontomire), washed
- Olive oil for dressing
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 litre water, for steaming
- Pour the red bell pepper into a blender, add scotch bonnet pepper, garlic, black peppercorn, smoked paprika, water and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Mix with salt and set aside.
- Cut the fillet grouper into three equal parts and place each part on the cocoyam leaf.
- Scoop a spoonful of the pepper mixture onto the fish smearing it generously and wrap with the cocoyam leaf tightly.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Pour 1 litre of water into a saucepan over medium heat and let boil.
- Place a splatter guard on the sauce pan with boiling water then place the wrapped fish on it.
- Cover with damp kitchen napkin, cover with the lip and steam cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Konto fish wrap ready. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.