4 - 8 PEOPLE
- 4 Fingers of Ripe Plantain
- 1 Tsp of Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp of Ground Ginger
- ½ Tsp of Ground Cloves
- ½ Tsp of Ground African Orchid Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp of Ground Rosemary
- 1 Tsp of Ground Grains of Selim
- 1 Tsp of Salt
- ½ Cup of Roasted Corn Meal
- 1 Liter of Vegetable Oil
- Peel and mash the ripe plantain till almost smooth.
- Add the chilli powder, ginger, cloves, African orchid nutmeg, rosemary, grains of selim, salt and mix.
- Add the roasted corn meal, stir in and set aside.
- Scoop a spoonful into heated vegetable oil and deep fry for 5 - 7 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Take out and drain excess oil on a kitchen paper.
- Kaklo ready to serve. Serve with peanuts.