FUFU (CASSAVA & PLANTAIN)
6 - 8 PEOPLE
- 3 Medium Tubers of Cassava
- 3 Fingers of Plantain
- 1 Tsp of Salt
- Peel and slice the cassava and plantain into medium cuts.
- Wash and place in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add salt and 1 litre of water and boil for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and let cool off for 5 minutes.
- Using a mortar and pestle, start by pounding the plantain into a smooth dough and set aside.
- Do same for the cooked cassava, separately.
- Divide both plantain and cassava into two equal parts.
- Then, combine the half and half and pound until combined into a smooth dough.
- Mould into portion size of your choice and place in serving bowls.
- Fufu is ready to serve. Serve with any soup of your choice.