4 - 8 PEOPLE
- 1 Cup Fonio
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Spring Onion
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 Eggs (For egg wash)
- 2 Cups Breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ Litres Vegetable Oil
- Pour water into a saucepan over medium heat, then add 1/2 tsp salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the fonio, stir and let it cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Take off heat and let it cool completely.
- Transfer into a mixing bowl, add chopped spring onion, smoked paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, egg yolks and mix together.
- Scoop a spoonful and mould into golf ball sizes.
- Dip into egg wash and double coat with breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in heated vegetable oil for 5 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
- Fonio croquettes ready to serve. Serve with tartare sauce. Best served warm!