- 1 cup corn meal
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup buttermilk
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- Mix the cornmeal with all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground nutmeg, sugar, salt and set aside.
- Pour the eggs into a bowl, add the buttermilk, whisk together then add the melted butter and whisk it in.
- Pour the milk mixture into the cornmeal mixture and stir it into a smooth batter.
- Pour into a greased pan and place in a pre-heated oven.
- Bake at 175c for 45 minutes or until your tooth pick test comes out clean.
- Cornmeal bread ready to serve. Slice and share.