4 - 8 PEOPLE
- 2 ½ Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Grated Coconut
- ¾ Cup sugar
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tbs Instant Yeast
- 400g Coconut Milk
- 800ml Vegetable Oil (For Frying)
- ¼ Cup Icing Sugar
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the warm coconut milk, stir in to get a smooth mixture, then cover with cling film.
- Let sit to rise for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Take the cling film off and beat the mixture down.
- Scoop with your hands and carefully drop in heated vegetable oil.
- Fry until golden for 5 -7 minutes.
- Take out from the oil and place on kitchen paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on top.
- Coconut puff puff ready to serve.