8 - 10 PEOPLE
- For the Chicken;
- 4 Chicken Breasts (Diced)
- ¼ Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 4 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Tsp of Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp of Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tbsp of Paprika
- 1 Tbsp of Salt
- For stew;
- 1 Large Onion (Slices)
- 6 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- ¼ Cup of Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- A Handful of Fresh Basil
- 2 Medium Carrots (Sliced)
- 1 Tsp of Salt
- Pour tomatoes into a saucepan.
- Add water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour the tomatoes into a blender, add onion, scotch bonnet pepper and garlic and blend into a smooth mixture, then set aside.
- Pour vegetable oil into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add diced chicken, garlic, dried basil, fennel seeds, paprika and salt and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Take chicken out and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, add sliced onion and stir until translucent.
- Add the blended tomato mixture, stir and let simmer on medium-low heat for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Add the sautéed chicken to the tomato sauce, then add fresh basil, stir in and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced carrots, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Adjust salt to your taste.
- Diced chicken stew ready. Serve with any side of your choice.