4 - 6 PEOPLE
- 1 Large Chicken Thigh (Cut Into Three Parts)
- ¼ Cup Shallot Puree
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 6 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion (Sliced)
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper (Chopped)
- 3 Medium Tomatoes (Pureed)
- 2 Cups of Rice
- 300ml of Chicken Stock
- 1 ½ Tbsp of Salt
- 5 Okra (Halved)
- 6 Red Scotch Bonnet Pepper (Sliced)
- Pour the chicken thigh into a mixing bowl, add the shallot puree, garlic, black pepper, basil, 1 ½ tsp of salt, lemon juice, stir, cover and set aside to marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add the marinated chicken and fry until golden. Take out and set aside.
- Add the sliced onion in the oil, stir and fry until translucent, then add the green bell pepper, tomato puree, stir and let simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add the rice, stir to mix evenly, then add the chicken stock, 1 tsp of salt, stir, cover and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the okra, scotch bonnet pepper, stir in and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the fried chicken, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes and take off the heat.
- Chicken rice gumbo ready to serve.