8 - 10 PEOPLE
- 2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1½ Tbsp of Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp of Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp of Salt
- 1 Tsp of Nutmeg
- ½ Tsp of Ground Ginger
- 4 Eggs
- ¾ Cup of Vegetable Oil
- ¾ Cup of Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup of Sugar
- 2 Cups of Carrots (4 Large Carrot Grated)
- For Cream Frosting;
- 200g of Cream Cheese
- 100g of Butter (Unsalted)
- 3 Cups of Confectionery Sugar
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tsp of Lemon Zest
- A Handful of Pecans (Roasted & Chopped)
- Pre-heat the oven at 180c.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour with cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, ground ginger, and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, white sugar, brown sugar, and set aside.
- Grate the carrots and set aside.
- Mix half of the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Then pour the rest of the flour on the carrot mix till evenly coated, and fold in the dusted carrots into the wet mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan.
- Bake at 165c for 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool off completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk cream, cheese, butter, confectionery sugar and vanilla essence until the mixture is smooth.
- Cut the crown crust off and cut the cake into two equal disks.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on one disk and place the other half on top and spread the remaining mixture by using the spatula to twirl the cream on top.
- Sprinkle the roasted pecans on frosting for garnish.
- Carrot cake ready. Slice and serve.