BEETROOT & WALNUTS MUFFINS
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup beetroot puree
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the brown sugar, melted butter until soft then add the eggs , milk, vanilla essence, whisk together and set aside
- Mix the flour with baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and set aside.
- Add the beetroot puree into the egg mixture and whisk then add the flour mixture, stir in gently to get a smooth batter.
- Add the chopped walnuts and stir in.
- Scoop the batter into muffin cups ¾ full and top it up with walnuts
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170c for 25 minutes.
- Beetroots and walnuts muffins ready to serve.