4 - 6 PEOPLE
- For the Chicken;
- 2 Medium Chicken Thighs
- 1 ½ Tsp of Ground Coriander
- 1 ½ Tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 ½ Tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp of Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp of Dried Thyme
- 1 ½ Tbsp of Salt
- 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- For the Rice;
- 2 Cups of Long Grain Rice
- 1 Medium Onion (Sliced)
- 1 Cup of Green Peas
- 500ml Chicken Broth
- 1 Tsp of Salt
- Place the chicken thighs in a baking dish, add ground coriander, garlic powder, black pepper, smoked paprika, curry powder, thyme, salt and olive oil.
- Rub on the chicken evenly and cover with cling film.
- Let sit to marinate for an hour.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat and sear the chicken on both sides for 3 minutes before setting aside.
- Pour the rice into the baking dish in which the chicken was marinated.
- Add the onion, oil from the seared chicken, salt and stir in.
- Add the peas, chicken broth, stir, then top with the pan-seared chicken and cover with aluminium foil.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 175c for 50 minutes.
- Baked chicken curry rice ready to serve.