8 - 10 PEOPLE
- 2 Cups Black-eyed Beans (De-skinned)
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 5 Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- 1 Medium Yam (Slices)
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 500ml Vegetable Oil (For Frying)
- Pour de-skinned beans into a blender, add onion, scotch bonnet pepper, water and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Cut the yam into stripes and set aside.
- Pour the beans mixture into a mixing bowl, stir in salt and dip the yam into the beans batter making sure it’s coated evenly.
- Carefully drop them in the heated oil, one after the other, and fry for 7 minutes or until it’s crisp and golden.
- Take out and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Akara battered yam ready to serve. Serve warm with chilli sauce.