4 - 6 PEOPLE
- ½ Cup of Palm Oil
- 1 Piece of Fermented Fish
- 1 Medium Onion (Sliced)
- 3 Medium Tomatoes (Pureed)
- 6 Scotch Bonnet Peppers (Blended)
- 1 Tbsp of Fish Powder
- 100g Cow Hide (Wele)
- 200g Crabs
- 150g Smoked Tuna (Chopped)
- 1Kg of Jute Leaves (Ayoyo/Ademe/Ewedu leaves)
- ½ Tsp of Salt Petre
- 1 ½ Tsp of Salt
- 400ml Water
- Heat palm oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add fermented fish, sliced onion, stir until translucent, then add the tomato puree, blended scotch bonnet pepper, stir and let simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add salt, fish powder, stir and let it simmer for a minute before adding the cow hide, crabs, stir and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add the smoked tuna, stir and leave to simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour the jute leaves into a saucepan, add water, salt petre, stir and let cook for 7 minutes.
- Pour the cooked leaves into the stew, adjust the salt, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Ademe soup ready to serve.